The library, first called the Bookshelf was first established in the early 1930’s by the Business and Professional Women’s Club of Neosho above Tarrant’s Market on West Spring Street. In 1936, the library moved to 212 South Wood Street, where it stayed until 1938, when it moved to the West Room of the City Auditorium. In 1969, the library once again switched locations to 403 South Jefferson Street; it then was moved to its present location at 201 West Spring Street. The first library board was composed of the following members: Ruth Barrett, Mary Louise Davis, Perry Bliss, Charles Haas, Sr., and Ray England.
Last Update: 09:27:19 2009-02-24
Bookmark/Search this post with