The oil on canvas mural was painted by Duard Marshall in 1939. It is 7' high and 30' long. It depicts 100 years of Newton County history.
The Mural was installed in the library on September 17, 2008
by Todd Denefrio and Jeff Werneke.
See youtube video of the mural being removed from the auditorium.
Link to Newton County Tourism